Job Title: Finance and Administration (F&A) Assistant
Job ID: 2020-1587
Employment Type: Full-time
Table of Contents
Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. It is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Finance and Administration (F&A) Assistant is based in Ebonyi State and reports to the State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Coordinator. The Ebonyi F&A Assistant work closely with the Abuja office Finance and Administration team to make sure that the program finances and operations are integrated effectively between the field and Abuja office.
This position will also work with the team to ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adheres to global standards, national policies and best practices on human resources systems strengthening. The position will also ensure the adaptation and integration of emerging knowledge and innovative solutions within project activities.
- Provide support at the Ebonyi State level on operations including but not limited to, human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
- Support a USAID compliant Financial Management and Reporting system at the state level and ensure project staff use and follow the system, particularly at the state level.
- Manages the petty cash and reconciles the state local imprest account.
- Initiate payment in QuickBooks accounting software system.
- Implement internal control measures for the award at the state level.
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly invoices and other financial reports as required and provide required documentation for USAID-required audits.
- Produce financial and budget reports, provide support in developing procedures and guidelines for all activities, monitoring project budgets, maintaining accurate financial records on project activities, and monitoring transactions to ensure compliance with USAID regulations at the state level.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant fields. Master’s preferred.
- Progressive demonstrated experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, subcontracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance preferably supporting USAID funded programs in Nigeria at the state level.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting software an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability for developing and managing large budgets, and knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics and/or supply chain management for the implementation of public health programs in low- and/or middle-income countries at the state level.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
How to Apply for Banyan Global Finance and Administrative Assistant
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online through our online portal indicated above.
- Only selected applicants will receive a response. No phone calls please.
Do well to share this post with your friends and family using any of the social media buttons here. Best Wishes!!