If what you are searching for online is the ongoing CAC Business Names Registration Form 2021 then you are at the right page. Here, we have listed out steps that will assist business owners on getting a business names for their enterprise.
Do you want to know more about the ongoing CAC Business Names Registration form? Are you a business owner but have not registered the business with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)? Well, here is a good news for you.
Kindly read through this publication to see how you can register your business names today.
As part of the Federal Government’s post-Covid-19 Pandemic survival intervention to support micro and small businesses to formalize their businesses, the Federal Government has approved the free registration of 6,606 Business Names in each of the 34 states while Abia, Lagos, and Kano will have 7,906, 9,084 and 8,406 respectively.
Consequently, all interested Micro and Small Entrepreneurs (MSMEs), Companies/firms, Artisans, Craftsmen/Women (one or more persons) that are yet to register their businesses with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) should take advantage of this rare opportunity.
Aggregators have been appointed to receive applications from interested persons in line with CAC requirements. The names and contact details of the aggregators can be obtained on the Commission’s Website at www.cac.gov.ng.
The CAC Business Names Registration will start ending of August 2021.
Don’t be left out! Hurry now to any of the CAC centers with the following documents to register your business:
- Three (3) Proposed Names
- Two (2) Passport-sized photographs
- Valid Means of Identification
- Phone Number/Email address
- Email of the Aggregators
Scan the completed form in PDF format together with a scanned copy of a recognized and valid photo identification (Data Page of International Passport, Driver’s license, National Identity
Card or Voter’s Card) and sent via email to the Aggregator of your relevant State.
CAC Business Names Registration Guide
In case you want to immediately start your online registration, kindly follow the simple steps listed below:
- Log on to the registration portal at www.cac.gov.ng.
- Check for availability of the Business Name.
- Complete pre-registration form – CAC-BNo1 (Online using Company Registration Portal)
- Pay filing fee
- Steps 1-3 can be completed on the company registration portal (CRP)
- Prepare the signed scan copy of your pre-registration documents for upload as follows:
- Application form
- Filing fee receipt
- Means of identification for the proprietor(s)
- Upload the scanned documents for processing.
Note: Individual/Proprietors can register business names without the services of the legal practitioner, chartered Accountant or Chartered Secretary.
How to Change Name
- Check out for the availability and reservation of new name
- Apply and give reason(s) for the change of name signed by at least two directors of the company
- Special resolution stating the change desired duly signed by two directors of the company
- Surrender of the original certificate of incorporation for cancellation
- Payment of filing fees
- You to data annual returns
- Stamped memo and articles bearing the new name
- S.636 in case of Banks, financial institutions, etc.
CAC, committed to prompt and efficient service.
If you need us to assist you in any way on this matter, kindly reach out to us through the comment section below. Also subscribe to this blog for you to get daily updates from us.