If you wish to learn how to get the Canada express entry visa then this post is all you need. Here, we shall be showing you everything you need to know about the Canada express entry visa and of course steps on how to apply for one.
The most popular way to migrate to Canada is through the Canada express entry visa. Kindly read through till the end to get the information you desire here.
What is Canada Express Entry Visa?
The Canada Express-Entry Visa is a fast-track system that foreign nationals can use to become Canadian permanent residents (PR). Typically, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invites applications for the Canadian Express Entry immigration pool draws almost every two weeks.
In each draw, IRCC issues selected candidates from the Express Entry immigration pool an invitation to apply for Canadian PR. After IRCC approves your application and you complete the selection processes, you will officially become a Canadian permanent resident.
Qualifications for Canadian Express Entry Immigration Pool Draws
In order to enter the federal Express Entry immigration pool, candidates must first create a Canadian Express Entry pool draws profile on the IRCC website.
Also, you must meet the eligibility requirements for one of three programs. Which are:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Class
- The Federal Skilled Trades Class
- The Canadian Experience Class.
You do not need to be working in Canada before you make it to the Canada Express Entry Immigration pool. But it is an added advantage if you are already working in Canada.
How does Express Entry Work?
Express Entry is very simple and contains two major stages. In the first major stage, candidates who are eligible for Express Entry indicate to the Canadian government their expression of interest in obtaining Canadian permanent resident status. In the second major stage, the Canadian government invites the highest-scoring candidates to immigrate to Canada.
How to Apply for Canada Express Entry Visa 2023
- Find out if you are eligible for the Canada Express Entry Visa.
- Complete your language testing and obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
- Submit your profile on the IRCC website.
- Wait to see if you receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence from IRCC.
- Submit your completed Application for Permanent Residence (APR) to IRCC and pay your fees within the specified deadline. You need to include your medical exam and police certificates as part of this step. IRCC will then provide you with an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR).
- Submit your biometrics once IRCC asks you to do so.
- Wait for IRCC to make a final decision on your APR. IRCC aims to finalize applications in 6 months or less. Once your application is approved you will receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and a permanent resident visa (if you are from a country that requires a visa) so you can travel to Canada and complete your landing.
An Express Entry profile can be valid for up to one year. Candidates who receive an ITA can expect the Canadian government to process their permanent residence (PR) applications within six months. The government begins to measure the processing time when a complete permanent residence application is received.
The processing time ends when a final decision is made on the application. If a candidate does not receive an ITA within one year of creating their Express Entry profile, they can simply re-submit their profile if they are still eligible.
NOTE: The Canada Express Entry Visa application is free of charge. Do not pay anybody for this.