Fosad Consulting, LLC. is a professional services firm established to provide quality consulting services to desiring clients, whose primary objective is to focus their management and technical resources on their core competence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- Overseeing the entire Marine engineering department on the vessel and responsible for the maintenance and operation of all engineering equipment onboard the vessel and report to the Captain and the Warri Base Manager
- Ensure compliance with the company HSE Procedure in all work activities.
- Responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, and inspection of all equipment onboard such as main engine, auxiliary machinery, electrical, mechanical, and safety equipment onboard the vessel at all times.
- Determine and implement a quarterly planned maintenance (PM) program to ensure continuity of operation. Conduct repairs to recover from mechanical breakdowns as the need arises. Monitors maintenance and reports defects that may affect vessel performance to Captain, and maintain a log of such event.
- Responsible to report to the Captain of matters relating to machinery usage and overall economy of operation on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis as well as maintain a log book of such activities.
- Ensure all fluids are checked daily and are fit for purpose to ensure continued vessel operation.
- Keeps Captain informed of equipment condition by a daily log. Conduct reliability tests of the engine personnel capability in collaboration with the captain.
- Ensure the safety of all people associated with repair and maintenance activities by utilizing the company’s safety standards including job risk evaluation and permits etc.
- Responsible for identifying parts needed for repairs of all machineries, place and receive orders for same as well as keep proper inventory of such spare parts which must be audited on a quarterly basis by the internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for providing a log to the captain prior to the vessel’s departure stating that the vessel is fully equipped for the journey plan.
- Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information thus handover must be copied to the OIM and DMD prior to the end of each rotation
- Responsible for working with his team to ensure that the engine room is manned by competent personnel at all times and a duty log of same is kept.
- Keep a daily log of all engine activities and running hours.
- Complete monthly condition reports on vital equipment
- Ensure that all anti-pollution precautions are undertaken whilst transferring or loading refined products and other fluids and other cargoes at all times.
- Responsible for filling in the Oil Record Book and report same to the captain as well as management.
- In charge of shore workers carrying out maintenance and/or repairs on the vessel or the vessel’s equipment
- Ensure all machinery shut down alarms are always kept in working condition and this must be checked on a weekly and monthly basis and log of such kept.
- Maintain the DP1 system and ensure they are certified and in good working condition.
- Keep a daily inventory of fuel usage, fuel stock and consumables required for the safe operation of the vessel and give 2 weeks’ notice to the Captain and Base Manager for restocking.
- First / Second-Class Engineering Certificate.
- At least 10 years’ experience as an Engineer with at least 5 years as a Chief Engineer preferably with FPSO.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and motivation of direct reports
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility and professionalism in overall condition of machinery
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Safety Management Systems
- Must hold a valid Seafarer’s Medical certificate
- Must be BOSIET/HUET+ STCW Certified
- Dynamic Positioning Certification
- Certified to manage dynamic equipment.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.