54gene is a Health Technology company advancing the state of healthcare through large scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and clinical programs for the benefit of Africans and the global population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports to: Sr Director, Cybersecurity
- We are looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer who will work directly with the Senior Director of Cybersecurity.
- This role will take the traditional vulnerability assessment and build upon it. Evaluate the security of 54gene’s networks, applications, sensitive internal systems, mobile application and data coding standards.
- Our Engineer will need to go beyond the typical enumerating vulnerabilities through scanning and need to look at exploiting identified issues or discovering issues not picked up by scans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Network, System, Application, Mobile, traditional web and wireless penetration testing
- Testing and exploiting web app and web services security vulnerabilities including cross-site scripting, cross site request forgery, SQL injection, DoS attacks, XML / SOAP and API attacks.
- Manage / facilitate security due diligence activities throughout the Application Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure that security risks are identified and controls are implemented to mitigate risk.
- Designing and Developing Cloud-specific security policies, standards and procedures e.g. Identity and Access Management (SSO, SAML), and Privilege Management, Firewall management, SSL/IPSec, Encryption Key Management (BYOK), Security incident and event management (SIEM), Data protection (DLP, encryption), Vulnerability Management in partnership with Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Be a subject matter expert on security controls applicable to rapid software development methodologies and DevOps automation.
- Recommend or automate approach to streamline and integrate technological processes and / or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Spreading awareness and knowledge of good Information Security practices in development teams
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- CEH, OSWE or equivalents very strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong technical acumen with an understanding of cloud security, and familiarity with security tools and processes.
- Experience with penetration testing and code reviews highly desired
- Wireless, Network and TCP / IP skills along with Unix command, bash scripting, and / or python coding required
- A knowledge of adversarial activities in cyberspace with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) with the ability to emulate these TTP to assess vulnerability and risk desired
- Familiarity with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) activity
- In depth knowledge of Application Security, API testing, Information Security risk and industry best practices
- Knowledge based on hands on experience in implementing security in rapid software development methodologies (like, Agile) and DevOps automation
- Microservice architecture expertise and best practices in securing APIs across multi-cloud environments.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.