Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is a public health and development consulting firm established by a team with extensive experience in international development and public health programming. We provide technical assistance for health system reforms towards access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. With a network of over 50 global partners and consultants, we develop programmes and provide sustainable solutions for a broad spectrum of health and development challenges.
HSCL is registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (2009), the Tanzanian Registry of Companies (2014), the Office of Administration and registration in Sierra Leone (2015) and the Office of the Registration of Companies in Zambia (2016). HSCL has established offices in Nigeria, Tanzania and Sierra Leone and has also done work in several African countries including Cameroun, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Mauritius, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zanzibar. In Nigeria, HSCL with it’s headquarters in Abuja, has offices in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Borno, and Lagos states.
In collaboration with the Government of Nigeria (GoN), PEPFAR/USAID investments have led to the achievement of significant progress in the fight against the HIV epidemic in Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara. However, the 2018 Nigeria HIV/AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) showed that epidemic control targets are yet to be achieved. Further, this progress is threatened by development challenges: limited financial resources, insufficient use of data for decision making, weak coordination mechanism across all levels of government and insecurity.
The Accelerating Control of HIV Epidemic (ACE) project provides USAID with the opportunity to support the GoN, civil society groups, and private sector actors in the cluster 3 focus states to close gaps in reaching control targets, address critical challenges in implementing their HIV response and accelerate progress towards sustainable epidemic control.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Abuja / Kebbi / Sokoto / Zamfara
Project: Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Transport clients and/or packages to and from destinations.
- Arrive at destinations on schedule.
- Fulfil administrative needs, like office pickups.
- Research and plan for traffic, construction, and weather delays.
- Use navigation applications to determine the best route.
- Always interact with clients professionally.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fueled and ready for use.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs as needed.
- Keep mileage records and repair records up to date.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of SSCE certificate is required.
- A valid driver’s license and at least one (1) year of driving experience to perform the job safely.
- Excellent navigation skills and proficiency in using navigation applications to find delivery locations.
- Time management and organizational skills to keep track of deliveries and stay on schedule.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with client.
- Physical stamina and good upper body strength to lift heavy luggage, packages, and objects, as well as be able to load and unload them from their vehicle.
Application Closing Date: 29th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter (not more than a page) and updated CV in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.