Eta Zuma Mining and Industries Limited provide premium solutions to businesses in the primary and secondary sectors of the economy, especially those in solid minerals, extractive industry, manufacturing industry and agriculture. Some of its clients are Zuma 828 Coal Limited, IMEX Mineral Resources and Processing Company, Zuma Energy Nigeria Limited, Zuma Steel W/A Limited, and Zuma Metals & Energy Resources Limited.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Officer
Location: Ankpa Local Government, Kogi
- To co-ordinate, support and advise the organization on all aspects with regards to Environment.
- To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Environment within Zuma 828 are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Environmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations are implemented.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and environment at work, including statutory training and reporting in accordance with ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 Standard.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of environmental risk assessments.
- Assist in the development of Environmental policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Establish a full program of documented Environmental inspections, EIAs, soil reclamations, drills, audits and checks.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the HSE committee
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant Environmental legislation and communicate relevant changes to the organization.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant Environment matters.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Ensure that all environmental incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing level
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of Environmental Science
- At least 3 years’ experience working as an environmentalist
- ISO 14001:2015 certification
- NEBOSH IGC or ISPON Level 3 Certificate
- Provision of advice to managers/supervisors
- Good knowledge of environmental regulations and laws
- Ability to liaise with external regulatory agencies on environmental matters
- Handling of Environmental investigation
- Experience interpreting and revising technical HSE document such as policies, procedures, manual, risk register, JHA, HEMP , etc.
- Member of ISPON, IOSH or IIRSM.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skill
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Observational skills
- Ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with other to complete task and process improvement
- Assertive while carrying out duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent reporting skills on Key HSE Data and KPIs.
Application Closing Date: 30th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF only to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted people will be contacted.