Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 6 months
About the Role
- The role will provide leadership in Christian Aid’s financial operations across Borno and Adamawa states on several large-scale Humanitarian contracts relating to the UN World Food Programme (UN WFP). The role will be familiar with the operations of WFP across both General Food Distribution, Livelihood and Early Recovery.
- The role acts as the focal person for reviewing financial transactions and ensuring that financial systems and processes designed for the Country office and the project are adhered to in line with the timelines agreed upon.
- In addition, this role will coordinate the internal financial management of the Christian Aid Sub-office in Borno State particularly in Mafa, Biu, Michika and other locations where the Finance Assistants are based.
- Prepare Monthly Invoices for submission to UN WFP based on utilisation report generated from SUN systems.
- In collaboration with other colleagues, budgets are prepared and monitored for the assigned donor contracts.
- Carry out monthly stock reconciliation with the Commodity Tracking officer to ensure that stock is accurately valued and captured in the accounting system.
- Ensure timely processing of floats, invoices and payment documents relating to the WFP contracts as well as other projects as may arise.
- Provide line management support to Finance Assistants working on various WFP contracts in locations across North-East Nigeria
Applied Skills / Knowledge and Expertise
- The role holder will hold a Finance / Accounting Degree (or equivalent) and a qualified member of a recognised accounting body (ICAN, ACCA)
- 5-7 years experience working in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of grant management for institutional donors particularly the UN World Food Programme
- Good experience in financial accounting for Stock and other Gifts-in-Kind
- Good experience working with accounting software such as SUN.
- Experience working in North-East Nigeria.
- Knowledge of working with NGOs providing similar responses in the North East Region
- Experience working with key institutional donors
- Understanding of partnership approach to international development.
Application Closing Date: 14th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Cick here to apply online