Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Local Corporate Coverage Unit
Job Req ID: 21340009
Job Category: Industrial Banking
- To manage a team of coverage bankers covering Citi’s client relationships across Top Tier Local Corporates in Nigeria.
- To build a proprietary understanding of clients’ strategic priorities, financial needs and agenda; originating and assisting in the execution of innovative deal solutions with and through Citi team partners.
- To build client loyalty by establishing a trusted advisor relationship, as the “first banker to call” who delivers high quality service, and consistently exceeds clients’ expectations.
- To identify new opportunities to add new, and up-tier existing, client relationships in breadth and depth through clients’ changing needs; and deliver Citi’s strategic product capabilities.
- Lead and manage Local Corporate relationships and coverage team to deliver the revenue and expense plan.
- Act as Citi’s and the client’s “value-added gateway” by originating and delivering Citi’s products and services to Sponsors, CEO, CFO and Treasurer levels of clients.
- Fully dimension the client’s wallet and identify/create opportunities for Citi to deliver, and understand clients’ business and manage the portfolio from end-to-end.
- Partner with Risk Management team to understand, lead and manage the risk inherent in the client portfolio and in any deal solutions.
- Ensure adherence to the credit and compliance process standards of the Bank.
- Coach and train junior bankers to foster teamwork across the unit.
- Guide bankers in building and executing a relationship plan — including a deal solutions pipeline for each client that will secure optimum Return on Capital and performance across business and credit cycles, while setting and meeting Citi’s revenue, cross-sell and capital management objectives.
- Liaise with relevant parts of the Citi network (locally and internationally), playing the team co-ordination role in developing and serving relationships, including implementation of specialist & Citi Senior calling plans.
- Stay informed on product knowledge/developments and deal replication ideas, introduce new opportunities to internal business partners so as to maximize Citi’s opportunity to deliver the best to our clients.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio.
- Frequently interact with Capital Markets, EAF, Markets and Corporate Finance teams to generate structured customer solutions.
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell ratio by actively selling cash management, trade and EB products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of relationships in the portfolio
- Frequently interact with Citiservice and O&T in general to deliver proactive customer service to Top Tier Local Corporates.
- Frequently interact with all Top Tier Local Corporates Target Market prospects to generate incremental business for the bank.
- University Degree
- A Post-graduate Degree and relevant professional qualifications is mandatory.
Skills & Experience:
- 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 12 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 2 years must have been on the Deputy General Manger grade.
- Risk and Product Skillset (Capital Markets, Investment Banking)
- Mandatory working experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- Analytics – Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organized and Proactive – Identifying new business opportunities and making it happen.
- Verbal and Written Communication and Presentation skills – compelling client presentations, as well as communicating the detail of client relationship situations to internal contacts simply and succinctly.
- Credit skills
- Solid understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking products/solutions
- Prior client relationship management experience and/or relevant product experience.
- Leadership and management strategies.
- Responsible for meeting a budget on a portfolio of clients.
- Fully conversant with Citi credit and compliance policies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening skills/temperament and cultural sensitivity. Ability to lead persuasively and foster teamwork.
- Able to build and sustain good personal contacts with client executives at varying levels of seniority, balancing client needs and Citi objectives/priorities.
- Innovative – willing to develop a detailed understanding of client issues/needs and develop ideas/solutions in response.
- Strong work ethic; high energy levels; results oriented – a self-starter prepared to take the initiative to start topics and/or follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
- Networking – Maintaining close contact with coverage, product and risk specialists within Citi locally and internationally.
- Natural Team Player – Having an adaptable/flexible approach; willing to work in a co-operative manner to fulfil client and internal requirements.
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities.
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a non-compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.