Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services.
Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Compliance
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Compliance is responsible for overseeing the risk management and compliance function to identify, measure, assess, and mitigate internal and external risks that may hinder the organization from achieving its strategic objectives.
- S/he will ensure an effective internal compliance function is in place and ensure that the organizations chosen risk management framework is being fully implemented in all areas.
- Responsible for internal / external compliance and regulatory matters including implementing AML program
- Design, implement and lead a compliance strategy for the organisation that conforms to the PENCOM regulatory framework
- Advocate and support the culture of compliance to PENCOM regulation and heighten awareness through training programs and coaching
- Oversee compliance monitoring and testing to ensure business operations comply with regulatory and internal requirements
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of compliance reports to relevant stakeholders including board members and group executives
- Handle internal and external audits including liaison with PENCOM for regulatory enquiries.
- Provide compliance advice, guidance, support and trainings to various functions and business units
- Work with business units to analyse potential impact on regulatory trends and developments, and establish policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Review, advise and approve new products and business initiatives
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the organization
- Lead and manage the organization’s team of dedicated compliance professionals to maximise effectiveness
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Minimum of eight (8) years verified professional experience in internal audit or its equivalent with at least 4 years in managerial capacity in a PFA
- Local and international certifications in such as compliance such as, Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM).
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Deep knowledge and understanding of both banking and general financial markets regulatory environment including Anti-money laundering requirements.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Application Closing Date: 22nd April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online