I am pleased to inform you that applications are currently invited from suitably qualified applicants for the OPEC Recruitment 2021/2022. This page will be showing you how you can apply for this latest job vacancy in Nigeria.
Do you wish to apply for the ongoing recruitment? Do you need a job in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)? If yes then here is an opportunity for you. All you have to do is to read through this post and follow the guide properly.
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Alternative Sources of Energy Analyst
Job Code: 5.2.02
Table of Contents
- The Energy Studies Department monitors, analyzes and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular providing in-depth studies and reports on energy issues.
- It monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology, assessing implications for OPEC.
- It identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D), facilitates and supports planning and implementation of collaborative energy-related R&D programs of Member Countries, as well as identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities.
- It carries out studies and reports on developments in the petroleum industry, providing effective tools for carrying out model-based studies of analyses and projections of energy supply / demand and downstream simulation.
- It elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyzes and reports on relevant national or regional policies (fiscal, energy, trade and environmental), assessing their impacts on energy markets.
Objective of Position
- To study, analyze and evaluate developments of global coal and non-hydrocarbon primary energy sources with particular attention to their technical and economic potential, technology, economics and drivers, such as policies, taxation, market structuring, strategies of key players, etc.
- To conduct studies on relevant issues on coal and non-hydrocarbon sources of energy, including production, use by sector and region as well as potential for fuel substitution and to assess their impact on world energy mix and on the demand for oil; contribute to the World Oil Outlook.
- Conducts studies on the development of coal and non-hydrocarbon sources of energy and prepare reports thereon.
- Collects, integrates and analyses data on technological, economic, environmental and policy aspects of coal and non-hydrocarbon energy.
- Studies and analyses developments of primary energy demand by fuel and sectoral energy use within a country / group of countries, taking into consideration various aspects of energy policy development, including environment, energy substitution and conservation and security of supply, and assesses the impact on the energy supply mix.
- Monitors the technological evolution of coal and non-hydrocarbon sources of energy, and assesses potential for major breakthroughs and their impact on interfuel competition in various sectors.
- Assesses investment requirements and the costs of finding, developing, producing and delivering energy from coal and non-hydrocarbon sources.
- Contributes to and delivers speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his / her background, qualifications and position.
Requirements for OPEC Recruitment 2021/2022
- University degree in Energy Management, Economics or in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years in the field of energy studies.
- Advanced degree: 6 years.
- Renewable and / or nuclear energy.
- Full cycle Cost evaluation.
- Interquel competition.
- Knowledge of related environmental issues an asset.
- Communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Initiative and integrity.
- Language: English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates of this OPEC Recruitment 2021/2022 should kindly Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 14th March, 2021.
Do not forget to share this article with your friends and family using any of the social media buttons here if it was helpful to you. Best Wishes!!