Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Admin & Logistics Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Office NE with dotted line to PAL Manager
Start Date: 1st January 2022
- We are searching for a Procurement and Supplies Coordinator for an upcoming UNICEF funded project. The successful candidate will have the responsibility of ensuring that procurement processes at the field office level are being done in line with Search procurement policies and that the office has available fleet of vehicles to support program activities.
- S/he will ensure that the fixed assets at the field office are managed in line with the asset management guidelines and records are properly maintained.
- S/he will also ensure that the stores are well managed with records properly maintained.
- S/he will also support the field office in managing administrative functions including office management, security property management, stores and other related support functions.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Admin and Procurement Manager and closely with the Programs team.
- The position holder may supervise Procurement, admin and logistics assistants and/or interns. There may be possible travels to other locations.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Promptly coordinate Search procurement activities in collaboration with the Admin and Procurement Manager in line with search and donor policies.
- Ensure Search procurement guidelines are adhered to in all Search offices in Nigeria.
- Enforce compliance with procurement threshold and procedures.
- Ensure Search procurement processes are legal and ethical.
- Ensure proper use of retainers selected through a competitive and transparent process, maintain the retainer tracker and provide monthly utilization reports, provide timely feedback on renewal needs.
- Regularly update the PR tracker to reflect stages of procurement for each request and provide monthly analysis reports.
- Review Vehicle fuel usage and maintenance tracker and ensure timely monthly, quarterly and annual analysis reports.
- Ensure the Asset registers are updated monthly, follow up with Compliance/Finance team for quarterly spot check and report preparations.
- Review Store records and ensure monthly utilization reports.
- Conduct quote analysis and draft selection memos.
- Interact with contractors in coordination with Admin and Procurement Manager.
- Ensure prompt and correct filing of procurement related documents both hard and e-copy.
- Responsible for all Invitation to bids at country coordination office.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Coordinate with Admin team to document and deliver items meant to be warehoused.
- Work with Admin team to draft LPOs for contractors.
- Collaborate with the Admin team to ensure a regularly updated inventory tracker for all assets purchased.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Admin and Logistics Manager to draft Contracts.
- Coordinate with finance unit to ensure payments to vendors are timely
- Ensure proper tracking of all Search assets throughout the country.
- Accountable for proper tracking of assets using Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Support asset verification process and submission of asset reports to the Admin and Procurement Manager for review.
- Ensure spot-checks are done Quarterly, documented and reported for all Search assets, inventory and equipment.
Qualities should include ability to:
- Actively engage and support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities.
- Plan and engage with Project Managers to understand contract specifications.
- Plan and engage with suppliers to develop a profile of delivery capability which results in effective market engagement.
- Identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
Expected deliverable – Monthly and Quarterly reports provided showing updated:
- Vendor database
- Inventory database
- Purchase request tracker
- Lease tracker
- Contract database.
Knowledge Skills & Ability
Required to meet the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in similar role.
- Candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business administration, Finance, Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Master’s Degree and Professional qualification in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Experience working with donors including USAID, BPRM, UN Bodies, DFID, ECHO, or EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Experience in working with international organizations at least for 2 years.
- Leadership, supervision, good interpersonal and decision making skills are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong writing skills.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Ability to delegate duties or request assistance when required
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Demonstrate high level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate ability to respond effectively to challenges, work effectively in a cross functional, diverse and busy team environment with minimal supervision.
You are Expected to Demonstrate:
- Leading and supervising: Has the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward the effectiveness and success of SFCG. Is able to build trust within team and acts with integrity.
- Accountability: Being accountable and passing on accountability for one’s own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal – even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest possibilities.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Focus on Quality: Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Learning Ability: The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively
- Adaptability: The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures and people).
N3,720,000 – N4,260,000 annually (Depending on experience)
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
- All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
- Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.