HR-on-Wheels – Our client is a leading Apartment Management and Short-let company with other business arms in construction and a showroom for electronics, fittings, and interior items.
For the construction arm of the business, they are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Construction)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate must have an architectural background and will direct the day-to-day oversight of construction projects and ensure timely and efficient completion.
- Create and/or supervise initial construction and building plans, drafts and designs that fulfil the needs of a client while complying with any relevant codes
- Estimate project costs and budgets
- Handle the purchase of equipment, materials, and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Create schedules, financial plans and documentation for the project
- On-site monitoring of projects, ascertaing whether phases of the construction process are following building plans and project deadlines
- Supervise the work of labourers and other contractors
- Tracking budgets delegating and overseeing tasks and maintaining the project schedule
- Prepare and produce reviews and reports of every project.
- Obtain relevant permits and licences from appropriate authorities
- Manage relationships with contractors and vendors
- Carrying out and coordinating market research and customer research
- Writing and overseeing bids for tender and Bill of Quantities
- Ensure that construction projects meet health, environmental, safety, structural, zoning and aesthetic standards
- First Degree in Engineering / Architecture
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience working with large construction companies
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Managed projects from start to finish
- Project Management Documentation
- Project execution plan using PM software
- Engineering / Construction Documentation Reviewing
- Process Capability
- Procurement and Proposal Writing
- People Management skills
- Excellent inductive and deductive reasoning
- Excellent ability to produce construction bill of quantity, material and labour schedule/general construction estimating documents
- Excellent ability to use the Computer for day to day running of general/complex activities
- Candidate’s proximity to Lekki is preferred.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online