Fosad Consulting, LLC. is a professional services firm established to provide quality consulting services to desiring clients, whose primary objective is to focus their management and technical resources on their core competence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Second Engineer
- To provide utmost assistance to the Chief engineer for running the vessel efficiently, conduct maintenance and repairs as instructed by the chief engineer and ensure equipment is adequately lubricated to ensure continued operation.
- Ensure compliance with the company HSE Procedure in all work activities
- Ensure maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the vessel under the supervision of the chief engineer.
- Ensure that all work is done in compliance with company’s standard and at the instruction of the chief engineer are done to acceptable standard.
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution; ensure that power is available at all times
- Ensure that the permit to work system followed and the worksite is checked to ensure safe work practices are maintained.
- Keep a written log of all works done and al preventive maintenance activities which is signed by the chief engineer daily
- Check the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system twice a day and record such in a written log.
- Maintain according to the maintenance schedule, all pumps and valves of the ballast system, thrusters, associated driven pumps and auxiliary equipment
- Ensure that all equipment is adequately lubricated/greased on daily basis.
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Assist the Chief Engineer in ensuring that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, monitor and control the use and distribution of consumables/materials; generate requisitions as required to maintain a minimum of two (2) week stock
- Inform the Chief Engineer of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation and report such in a log
- Assist the Chief Engineer in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget
- Assist in communicating equipment problems or breakdown information to Field Support Group
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-job meetings as required
- Report verbally and in written any incident potential hazards or abnormal situations to the Chief Engineer and other department heads. You have the authority to stop any unsafe activity immediately.
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the vessel.
- Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information thus handover must be copied to the OIM and DMD prior to the end of each rotation.
- At least 7 years’ experience as an Engineer preferably with FPSO
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the mechanical operation
- Second or Chief Engineer qualification
- Offshore Medical Certificate
- BOSIET/ HUET+STCW
- Ability to read and write in English.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Second Engineer” as the subject of the email.