Sun King (Formerly Greenlight Planet) is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager, West Africa
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
The Team You Will Join
- Sun King is looking for an operations Manager who will be lead a highly effective team within Sun King’s fastest growing markets. With over 50,000 products delivered per month though our 50+ retail locations and 3,000+ sales agents in the West African region, you will be responsible for developing efficient and scalable systems to meet our customer needs.
- Reporting directly to the Group COO, the West Africa Operations Manager will be overseeing a team responsible for supply chain, last mile distribution, import, export, transportation and reverse logistics of innovative products focused on powering access to brighter lives.
What You Would be Expected to Do
- Team Management: Lead the development and continuous improvement within the operations team. Provide guidance for team member’s careers. Drive professional growth within the team, mentoring individuals to develop valuable skill sets.
- Drive Operational Efficiency: Meet KPI goals aligned with the short and long term goals of the business. Enhance delivery times, optmize operational costs, and response
- Supply chain and inventory planning: Monitor the inventory needs of our West African entities. Coordinate with sales and manufacturing departments to meet business needs and timelines.
- Inventory management: Oversee inventory management to ensure optimized inventory levels and safekeeping of stock, lean stock keeping in risk areas out of central warehouse.
- Last mile distribution processes management: Design and implement efficient processes for the last mile distribution of our Easy Buy Direct business. Oversee the process of product removals, completeness of reverse logistics kits.
- Operational Risk Management: Identify key operational risks. Implement formal root cause and corrective action programs.
- Systems and process design: Coordinate with technology teams to ensure company systems including applications meet operational needs.
- Monitoring of trade regulations: Closely monitor any changes on tax/ duty within the region and escalate any changes.
- Partnership Management: Liaise with customers’ operations teams to ensure delivery needs are met on time.
- Standardization across markets: Ensure consistent processes are being implemented throughout the region.
- Procurement: Lead an efficient and effective procurement department
- Any other business as assigned by your supervisor.
You Might Be a Strong Candidate if You
- Must demonstrate previous management experience, with ability to lead professionals and guide their career development.
- MBA, B.Science / Master’s Degree in Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Work Experience: 10+ years of experience in a supply chain and logistics environment.
- Previous experience managing a team at a country level. Last mile distribution experience preferred.
- Highly analytical with high degree of competency in (ERP, Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools. Knowledge with SAP S4HANA is desirable.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation concerning the region
- Knowledge about import/export, transport routes, warehousing and distribution network.
- Local Assembly Experience is a plus
- Knowledge and prior experience applying for import duty exemptions
- Experience in business planning, procurement, warehouse, retail management and fleet management.
- Open to traveling 30% of the time
- Demonstrates humility.
- Is passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Is driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities.
- Should be a value driven individual.
What We Offer (In addition to Compensation and Statutory Benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online