Moove is on a mission to redefine what large-scale rideshare leasing and vehicle ownership look like in Africa. We are developing an innovative model to rapidly improve the availability of vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across major metro cities while also creating sustainable jobs for drivers
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Remote status: Hybrid Remote
About the Role
- We are looking for an experienced professional with strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- As a proven result-driven person, the Senior QA Engineer will be integral to the end-to-end development of our best-in-class enterprise platform which will serve our drivers, business clients, partners, and executive team.
- In this role, you will dig deep into exploratory and automated testing, so as to make the organization more efficient, effective, and amazing.
Who You’ll Be Working with:
- Directly reporting to our Engineering Manager, and closely working with our tech, product and data teams.
- We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly.
- Ultimately, the candidate should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system functions to meet quality standards.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using popular tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet customer needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Our Stack
- AWS (EC2, Elastic Container Service, S3, Lambda)
- NodeJS (ExpressJS) or Python (Django)
- Git, Github Actions, Docker
- PostgreSQL / MongoDB
- React JS, HTML5 & CSS3
- Webpack, Babel
What You will need for this position:
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications
- 5+ years of work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools processes and development cycles.
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases.
- Experience in testing web applications, APIs and mobile applications (Android/iOS ).
- Good knowledge of a programming language and technical knowledge of web (JS, CSS, debugging tools, etc.), APIs, and mobile applications.
- Hands-on experience in automating scripts using Cypress.io, Playwright or Puppeteer, Selenium/Appium/Ranorex/Katalon and Postman/Rest Assured/SoapUI/Pytest.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing tools and methods.
- Continuous Integration experience with CircleCI, and Github Action.
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online