Supply Chain Commercial Specialist at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Commercial Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Requisition ID: R120224
Job Family Group: Contracting and Procurement
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the role?
- SCiN’s Supply Chain supports Shell Nigeria’s facilities spread across 6000 km of pipelines and flowlines, 90 oil fields, >1000 producing wells, flowstations, gas plants, 2 FPSOs and various growth projects spanning across the Niger Delta region to shallow and deep offshore operating environments.
- This supply chain links the entirety of Shell Nigeria’s operations and facilitates a commercial transfer of services between Shell and vendors supporting its operations. Production facilities consists 4 assets with output of circa 400kbbls/d and >2bscf. SCIN’s Annual 3rd party spend is circa $2.7B (OPEX & CAPEX), executed via about 3200 Contracts.
- The Supply Chain Commercial Specialist will manage the execution of sourcing requirements according to Shell’s Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio and collaborate with:
- Internal (Shell) stakeholders in development and execution of procurement strategies driving towards value maximization. [Pre-Award Phase]
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. [Post-Award Phase]
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business Demand and aligned with the category strategy.
- Apply the CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws and regulations.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities, particularly to enable lean sourcing, effective and waste-free requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g.: HSSE, Operations, Cost) to ensure effective contractual delivery, value optimization and risk management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Manage Key Stake Holder Interfaces, e.g. Category Leads, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Global Category Team (where applicable) & Suppliers.
Key Experiences and Qualifications
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification (completion or in progress) would be beneficial
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
- Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment.
- Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers.
- All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
- To learn more about Shell’s recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers.