It may interest you to know that University of Ibadan Scholarship for the Disabled 2022/2023 is now available. The Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan is pleased to announce a Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disability for 2022/2023 academic session and to invite applications from suitably qualified students who want to take their Master;s degree and PhD in the school.
the Scholarship Scheme is designed to assist academically sound postgraduate students living with physical disability who have been admitted into the various higher degree programmes of the University of Ibadan. The essence of the scheme is to promote the welfare of this category of special students in line with global best practices.
Through the scholarship aid scheme, support is offered to enable such scholars complete their Master’s or PhD programmes in any academic discipline within the University of Ibadan.
The award involves a waiver of tuition and all other Postgraduate College-related fees. It also carries a monthly stipend subject to review by the Postgraduate College from time to time.
The award is tenable for a maximum of three semesters for Master’s students and a period of one academic session, in the first instance, renewable for a maximum period of two academic sessions for PhD students.
Annual renewal of award for PhD students is subject to receipt of positive evaluation reports by the Postgraduate College from the candidate’s supervisor and the Head of Department, at the end of each academic session.
To be qualified for the University of Ibadan Scholarship for the Disabled 2022/2023, Applicants must meet up with the following requirements:
- candidates are expected to have been medically certified as having a form of physical disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment, paralysis, etc.)
- The Applicant must have been admitted for higher degree studies at the University of Ibadan.
- They must be holders of good honours degrees (minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent for Master’s students). PhD.
- Applicants must, in addition, possess a Master’s degree (minimum of 5.0 cumulative grade point average or equivalent) of any University recognised by the Senate of the University of Ibadan, in any academic discipline.
- Candidates who are already under another scholarship scheme need not apply.
How to Apply to for the University of Ibadan Scholarship for the Disabled 2022/2023
Applicants for the scholarship scheme are requested to submit the following documents:
- An Application form obtainable from the web site of Postgraduate College (https://pgcollege.ui.edu.ng), duly completed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
- Copies of certificates obtained by candidates.
- Evidence of Registration for the 2021/2022 Session. (Please note that proof of registration for the 2021/2022 session MUST be provided before a letter of award to any successful applicant).
- Research Proposal/Project Summary of between 5 and 10 pages must be submitted by PhD student applicants only. This should provide a clear statement of the objective of the work to be carried out or that is already being undertaken, its justification, the significance of the study vis-à-vis the existing literature, the methodology, and the expected output. Candidates are strongly encouraged to indicate the original contributions which they hope their study will make to knowledge.
The Proposal should be typed with 1.5 line spacing using Times New Roman with font size 12. Size of the paper in typescript should be A4 with a margin of 2.0cm tobe left on the left hand side and 1.8cm for other margins except the top of the first page of the proposal, which should be 5.0cm above the headings. Only one side of the paper should be used. Applicants are to submit 3 copies of their research proposal.
- Candidate’s Commitment Letter: A one-page letter from the applicant affirming his/her readiness to submit a report of between 5,000 and 10,000 words as the outcome of the research carried out with the scholarship award.
Selection Process: All applications received will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a selection interview.
Remember to subscribe to this site for your latest scholarship updates.