Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: User Operations Specialist (Chargeback Operations)
About the Role
- Paystack processes payments for thousands of businesses across Africa that receive hundreds of thousands of payments daily. However, these payments are not always without issue, and from time to time, customers are not given value for their payments.
- This is where the User Operations Specialists within the Chargeback Operations team come in. The Chargeback Operations team works with businesses that haven’t delivered value to customers and ensures that these payments are reversed to those customers, or that value is given for the payment.
- We achieve this by serving as an intermediary between the merchant and the customer (or their bank). Beyond interacting with these parties to resolve the dispute, we work with the Engineering and Product teams to build systems that help merchants resolve disputes more quickly, minimizing financial loss to both the business and to Paystack.
- We’re able to do this by hiring smart, empathetic problem-solvers, and giving them custom tools that empower them to accelerate growth for Paystack merchants.
What is the Scope of Responsibilities?
- As a member of the Chargeback Operations team, you’ll lead a team of outsourced support agents to provide quick and helpful responses to banks and other payment processing partners who reach out regarding disputed payments. You’ll reduce risk and financial loss to Paystack by executing workflows that comply with the requirements of financial partners, including the card networks and the Central Banks in the countries in which we operate.
- You’ll work with the Integrations and Key Accounts teams to advise merchants on how to implement their products such that they consistently deliver value. You’ll also merchants on how to leverage Paystack tools like webhooks and the Disputes API to improve their dispute resolution experience.
- Additionally, you’ll educate merchants through our self-serve Help Center documentation, webinars, and one-on-one interactions to ensure that they’re operating according to best practice and are providing evidence for declined disputes that meet the requirements of financial partners.
- There has never been a better time to join Paystack. We’re building the financial technology rails that thousands of businesses across several countries rely on to drive growth, and as a member of the User Ops team, you’ll ensure a high level of operational efficiency that keeps us worthy of their trust.
- This is a full-time role, and you’ll report directly to the Customer Success Manager for Disputes. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -1 to GMT +1 timezones. If you’re based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it’s safer to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with our Business Process Outsourcing partners to ensure that chargeback requests are attended to accurately and within our set SLA.
- Provide email and phone support to partners for chargeback-related issues.
- Manage the refunds process end-to-end and ensure all refunds are initiated and completed.
- Review and handle requests escalated by other teams within Paystack to the Disputes team.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to improve internal tools as well as the chargeback resolution features on the Merchant Dashboard
- Notice when patterns deviate significantly from the norm, and then investigate and escalate as appropriate.
- Reconcile debits that arise from the dispute process.
- Use data analytics tools such as Excel and SQL to analyse our chargeback data, and share trends and insights with the rest of the company
- Educate merchants and partners about the dispute tools available to improve their disputes experience.
- Represent Paystack at self-hosted and external events.
You’ll thrive as Paystack’s User Ops Specialist (Chargeback Operations) if you:
- Have 2+ years of work experience in a chargeback operation role.
- Have a solid understanding of card network rules, chargeback concepts and processes, and best practices regarding dispute resolution
- Are an excellent writer and speaker of English, able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Have an endless capacity for patience and calm, even when everyone around you is freaking out
- Embody the principle of servant leadership: you have genuine empathy for business owners, their customers and you’re happy to go the extra mile to help them succeed
- Are a strong problem solver. You genuinely enjoy getting into the weeds of customers’ issues and finding both short and long term solution to problems
- Are observant, paying attention to how the product and process works and proactively flagging and fixing issues where necessary
- Have excellent analytical skills. You’re able to interpret data and use information to make decisions.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021 at 11:59 PM WAT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application form, and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.