EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. This is demonstrated through our developmental and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and developmental work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer
Location: Pulka – Gwoza LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration of contract: 13 months.
About the Job
- The WASH Officer will oversee the implementation of the WASH Component of the project and the overall supervision of Community Hygiene Volunteers, water & sanitation activities, waste management, construction and rehabilitation activities including preparing technical designs and bills of quantities in collaboration with WASH stakeholders at state/LGA levels.
The WASH officer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely and effective implementation of activities specific to water trucking, waste management, rehabilitation of WASH facilities, water quality testing, training on hygiene promotion.
- Plan and supervise implementation of hygiene promotion activities in the camp and host communities
- Support with MEAL to effectively monitoring and reporting of the activities and expected results, relevant to data collection and documentation
- Support in the coordination of activities between field locations and Main office in Maiduguri (including regular communications with immediate supervisor)
- Represent EYN in relevant coordination meetings
- To fully participate in or facilitate technical assessments
- Field monitoring visit to sites and ensure quality assurance of construction being delivered and adherence to design specification.
- Assist and participate in community mobilization and engagement
- Writing of timely Monthly activity reports on the project
- Ensure that work meets with SPHERE minimum standards
- Contribute to the timely and accurate preparation of projects reports
Qualification and Experience
- BA / B.Sc in Engineering, Geology, Geography or other WASH-related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in WASH
- Professional experience in construction and/or rehabilitation and maintenance of WASH infrastructures in displaced populations
- Proven capacity of management, leadership, and teamwork
- The ability to multitask.
- Adequate problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills in English and Hausa
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent communication, diplomatic skills, and writing skills
- Computer proficiency (word, excel and internet)
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and data
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2021.