Here, you will get to know how to activate WhatsApp Web Dark Mode on your PC. Follow this guide listed below to achieve that as these steps have been tested and working so I decided to share it with you guys.
The dark mode is one feature popular messaging platform now have. After months of wait, WhatsApp for Android, as well as, WhatsApp for iOS finally got this dark mode. Now, WhatsApp Web is also expected to get this popular dark mode feature.
Having said that, if you use WhatsApp Web quite often and need dark mode on it too, there is a little trick you can go for to enable WhatsApp Web dark theme. Read on to know how you can do it.
WhatsApp Web Dark Mode – How to enable it
Since WhatsApp Web Dark Mode is not officially out yet, you need to go for a simple trick to get the dark theme on the platform. For this, you are required to follow these simple steps:
- Open Google Search and head to WhatsApp Web
- Open your Android or iOS smartphone to scan the QR code on the display by heading to the Settings>WhatsApp Web options
- Now you will be logged into the web version of your WhatsApp
- Now that you are on the web interface of your WhatsApp, right-click to select the ‘Inspect’ option from the menu.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl+Shift+I’
- Once done, you will see the source of the page in the right part of the screen
- The source page has various options in the top section such as Elements, Console, Sources, Network, and Performance. You need to tap on the Elements section
- Once there, you will find a string of code written as ‘body class=web’ at the top
- All you have to do is, add the word ‘dark’ to the string so that the new string code ‘body class=web dark’ is formed
- Now press enter and voila! WhatsApp Web dark mode is enabled.
You can close the source page to start using WhatsApp Web in dark mode. One thing worth noting is that if you refresh the page or close to WhatsApp Web. The setup will go back to the original; light theme. So if you want to use the WhatsApp web dark theme again, you will have to apply this trick each time you log in to WhatsApp Web.
I hope the aforementioned hack helps you get dark theme on WhatsApp Web until it officially gets announced. Once that happens, we will let you know.
Do you wish to talk to us about this information? Kindly drop your comments, contributions and suggestions through the comment box section beneath this page. Also share this article with your friends and family using any of the social media buttons below. Best Wishes!!