WHO Latest Job Vacancy | World Health Organization
WHO Latest Job Vacancy is here again for this year. Interested and qualified candidates for this job are invited to start making their applications online. This page will guide you on the right ways you can make your application successful online.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
READ ALSO: Global Trust Investment Latest Recruitment Application Form
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Locations: Congo-Brazzaville; Nigeria-Abuja
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Two (2) years
Organization: AF / GMC General Management and Coordination
Objectives of the Programme: The objectives of the Human Resources Management Unit are to design and implement strategies, programmes and client services covering integrated talent management, workforce planning, staff / management relations, staff health and wellbeing, and compliance, for the WHO Regional Office for Africa (AFRO) and offices and sub / offices in 47 countries in the African region. These will ensure the organization’s ability to acquire, engage, develop, deploy and retain the talents needed to deliver public health outcomes agreed to and / or expected by Members States and other stakeholders.
Under the General Management and Coordination (GMC) Cluster’s new service delivery model for the Human Resources organization, the Recruitment / Classification sub Unit has been designed on a customer-focused pattern of organization to provide dedicated, business-partnering and one-stop-shop HR services to the Technical Clusters in the Regional Office based in Brazzaville or in the country office.
Purpose of the Position
- The post functions as one of three business partners and HR Generalists in the Recruitment / Classification sub-unit, providing strategic and end-to-end, HR client services to designated Clusters in Brazzaville. These services comprise, primarily, human resources planning, job classification, selection and recruitment, contract administration coordination, entitlements management and staffing issues.
- The incumbent will bring value to the HR role within the new service delivery model by applying a proactive, solution-focused approach to cases and will propose and implement measures to ensure the provision of timely and efficient services.
- The generalist HR Officer will be providing HR advice, guidance and services for the designated clients.
Description of Duties
- Implement the HR strategy for the clusters of focus including workforce and succession plans keeping abreast of turnover due to separations, reassignments and retirements of staff;
- Provide HR policy advisory services to the HR staff and management within Clusters of focus;
- Build a strong and valued business relationship with the Cluster management and staff engaging them to deliver jointly strategic HR objectives and move the business model forward;
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection processes, in line with the Harmonized selection policies, leading to timely sourcing, selection and placement of required talent. Initiates transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes in Stellis (review of job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, longlisting, shortlisting, interviews and step determination);
- Manage the non-staff recruitment for consultants, interns, SSAs, secondees etc.;
- As the knowledge management focal point for the unit, establish and maintain an electronic, central filing system for all the unit files;
- In liaison with ITM, coordinate the tools and systems for the unit, such as docushare etc.;
- Collaborate with Programme Administrative Officers in the planning, resource allocation and status of HR plans;
- Brief newly recruited staff on employment conditions and entitlements; guide them on their contractual status and attend to all queries related to the onboarding process including organizing orientation sessions;
- Liaising with the Staff Development Team provides advice on learning & development options for staff. Provides guidance on options for learning delivery;
- Provide advice on position descriptions and ensure all positions are updated and properly classified in the Global Management System (GSM);
- Supervise a team of HR Assistants and develop their capacities to achieve performance excellence and high team morale. As a new team, continuously develop their necessary competencies to successfully deliver objectives;
- Back-up the HR Officer or Team Leader covering their respective portfolios.
READ ALSO: How To Get Your Google AdSense Approved in 24hrs | Step by Step Approach
Required Qualifications for WHO Latest Job Vacancy
Interested applicants of the WHO Latest Job Vacancy must possess the following:
- Essential: First university degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Administrative Law or any of the behavioral Sciences, or (for WHO staff only) equivalent in training and self-study.
- Desirable: Training in recruitment processes, staff benefits and entitlements or any other HR specialized area.
- Essential: Minimum five (5) years of experience in Human Resource Management in an international organization, including supervision of staff.
- Desirable: Good knowledge of WHO Human Resources management and end-to-end business processes as designated in the Global Management System or similar ERP systems. Experience in project management, ideally in the UN system and / or a public health context. Relevant field experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to interpret Staff Rules and HR policies and determine staff entitlements; Ability to counsel and communicate effectively; Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment; Skills in electronic, information management.
- Proficient in standard office software.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English or French.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of the other.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 60,962 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3251 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates for the WHO Latest Job Vacancy kindly Click here to apply online.
READ ALSO: Ebony Agro Industries Limited Recruitment Application Form 2022/2023
Application Deadline: Not specified.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s) / diploma(s) / certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited / recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment / extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
- Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.