Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the ongoing Nigeria Navy DSSC Recruitment Course 29 2024. If you are ready and interested in serving the country then this is an opportunity for you. Follow this guide till the end see how to apply.
The Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) recruitment is a program designed to attract and select qualified individuals for short service in the Nigerian Navy. The DSSC offers a unique opportunity for candidates to serve their country and contribute to the defense and security of Nigeria a nation.
The DSSC program is open to both male and female candidates who meet the specified eligibility criteria. Applicants must be Nigerian citizens, between the ages of 20 and 30, and possess a minimum educational qualification of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. They must also be physically and mentally fit, and meet the required medical standards.
Table of Contents
Departments Available for Application
Below are available departments in the Nigeria Navy DSSC Recruitment Course 29. They are:
Medical: The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
- Medical Officers/Dental Surgeons: MBBS or MBBCh and BDS for medical doctors and dental surgeons respectively. All must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- Pharmacy: B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
- Medical Lab Science: BMLS and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
- Radiographer: BSc in Radiography with current practicing license.
- Physiotherapy: B.Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
- Optometry: Doctor of Optometry. Must be fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
- Medical Records/Health Information Management: BSc/HND required with current practicing license.
- Clinical Psychology: BSc in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with current practicing license.
- Biomedical Engineer: BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with current practicing license.
- Public Health Officer: BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
- General Nursing/Midwives: B.NSc RN and RM with current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
- Accident and Emergency Nurse.
- Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
- Peri-Operative Nurse.
- Ophthalmic Nurse.
- Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
- Social Welfare Officer/Nutritionist: BSc, practicing license from relevant regulatory bodies, registered member of the professional board.
- Occupational Therapist: BSc, practicing license
- from relevant regulatory bodies, registered member of the professional board.
Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
- Control Engineering.
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
- Marine Engineering (Mechanical).
- Marine Engineering (Electrical).
- Mechatronics Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/ B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
- Networking and Network Administration.
- Programming and Software Development.
- Server and Database Administration.
- Cyber Security.
- Computer Forensics/Digital Investigation.
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
Legal Service: LLB and BL. LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
Requirements for the Nigeria Navy DSSC Recruitment 2024
The requirements for the Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) recruitment typically include the following:
- Nationality: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
- Age: Candidates should be between the ages of 20 and 30 years at the time of application.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is required for most positions. Some positions may have specific educational requirements, so it’s important to check the official recruitment guidelines for details.
- Physical and Mental Fitness: Applicants must meet the specified medical and physical standards to be considered for the DSSC program.
Additional requirements may include specific skills or qualifications depending on the role for which the candidate is applying.
The DSSC recruitment process typically involves several stages, including an online application, aptitude test, medical screening, and an interview. Successful candidates are offered admission into the Nigerian Navy Academy for a nine-month training program. Upon completion of the training, they are commissioned as officers in the Nigerian Navy and serve for a period of 10 years.
How to Apply for NN DSSC Recruitment 2024
To apply for the Nigeria Navy DSSC recruitment for course 29, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the official Nigerian Navy recruitment portal at https://www.joinnigeriannavy.com or check reputable sources for announcements regarding the commencement of DSSC recruitment.
- Review the specific eligibility criteria, educational qualifications, and other requirements for the DSSC program.
- Complete the online application form when the recruitment process is open. Ensure that you provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Upload all the required documents, and pay attention to application deadlines.
- Prepare for any aptitude tests, medical screenings, and interviews that may be part of the selection process.
Note: Online registration starts on 27 December 2023 and closes 7 February 2024. Ensure you submit your applications on or before the application deadline. The Nigeria Navy DSSC recruitment course 29 application form is free of charge. Applicants are required to avoid paying anybody to facilitate your application.